CrimeDonald TrumpFBIFloridaKash PatelNorth CarolinaPolitics

Missing North Carolina Man Identified As Armed Intruder Shot At Mar-A-Lago

The armed intruder shot and killed early Sunday while attempting to breach security at President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago estate has been identified as Austin Tucker Martin, a North Carolina man who had been reported missing by his family just one day earlier.

Law enforcement sources told the New York Post that Martin, who was from Cameron, North Carolina, was the individual carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a gas can when he approached the property’s north gate around 1:30 a.m.

According to prior statements from the U.S. Secret Service, agents and a deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office responded to an unauthorized perimeter breach. Authorities said the suspect refused commands to drop the weapon and fuel can, and shots were fired. Martin was pronounced dead at the scene.

Martin’s family had reportedly been searching for him since Saturday, with social media posts indicating concern over his disappearance. A review of his online activity showed a strong interest in golf courses, particularly in the Sandhurst region of England and in areas near his North Carolina hometown.

President Trump and his family were not at Mar-A-Lago at the time of the incident, the Secret Service confirmed. No agents or deputies were injured during the confrontation.

FBI Director Kash Patel said the bureau is leading the investigation into the shooting in coordination with the Secret Service and other law enforcement partners. He stated that the FBI is dedicating all necessary resources to the case and will provide updates as they become available.

As is standard protocol in officer involved shootings, the agents who discharged their weapons have been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation. Authorities have not yet released further details regarding a possible motive.

Ad Blocker Detected!

Refresh